Blog Post

Merchant Account - Charge for Courses


Blog Image Beginning 10/12/2017, instructors will have the ability to get paid for their courses directly through SimpleVLE using a pre-approved merchant account. This merchant account will allow you to charge a fee for the courses you teach. With ease, prospective students will be able to register and pay the course fee directly through SimpleVLE.

SimpleVLE only takes 10% of the fee off the top, while the remaining 90% will be deposited directly into the merchant's pre-approved bank account. That's nothing considering everything SimpleVLE provides, right?

Our payment processor is Braintree, a highly reputable Paypal Company. They handle all transactions including the Merchant account approval process. Furthermore, SimpleVLE does not process or store any banking or credit card information. We only store the information needed to query a person's account status. We also store the information necessary to give paying students access to the merchant's premium course material. More information regarding Braintree's Payment Services Agreement and bank agreements.

Currently, Braintree only approves banks within the United States or U.S. Territories for Merchant accounts. While we do accept Paypal in addition to all major credit cards for our premium membership payments, we currently only accept credit card payments from students that wish to purchase a course from an approved merchant. This limitation exists because of Braintree's current rules, however this may change in the future. We will keep everyone posted in the event of any rule changes.

You do not have to be a paying member to request a merchant account. However, you will still have the same limitations that a free account has. We encourage our users to purchase a premium membership from SimpleVLE to provide an unlimited experience with no ads and if you start to sell courses on a regular basis, we will waive your membership fees.

Contact us with questions or concerns regarding merchant accounts.

Updates Courses Classes Announcements

   

0 comments